Wednesday, 25 June 2008

More Chaos

Today I took the car back to the garage for a check of the towbar electrics as the indicator on the van has been intermmittent and guess what?
yep you got it - they couldn't find a problem with it.
then I wanted them to check the cam chain as TIm feels it's been a bit rattly and guess what? Yep you got it - nadda again!!
Then I asked them to look into why there is no internal sounder when the van indicators do work. What happened? Zilch again! why do I feel like I'm banging my head agaianst a brick wall??
They say that as our car was made in 2003 and the towbar was factory fitted then there couldn't have been a requirement for a sounder then. Not a chance. the law has been in place for years and all towing vehicles without exception should have this!!
I'm going to contact one of their sales managers about this tomorrow as I'm spouting the Sale of Goods act at them. ie if the car isn't legal for towing then it's not fit for the purpose for which it was sold and it was sold to us as a tow car!!! I'm not letting this one go by without a good fight!
Anyway on a lighter note I'm trying to organise a wee night out on Friday with some of my work colleagues and so far it's only a handful of us interested in going. Typical of that place! Some have genuine excuses and lots just aren't interested. I mean who wouldn't be interested in a night out with my scintillating company? LOL
But I think the few of us who are going will have a nice time. Hope so anyway!!
So we are careering towards the end of term and the print room is busier than ever - all of a sudden lecturers are realising that they need work done for the start of next year and are flinging it at us at an alarming rate. Morag, my "other half" finishes on Friday and I finish next Wednesday but we have a course on Customer service to attend on Friday - I ask you - what do we need a course on customer service for and to top it all it's internal customers they are basing this on. Weird - all the staff are great and we never have any bother with them and actually the banter is brill so I don;t feel there is any need for a course like this - it could perhaps spark resentment but hey, it's a free lunch and a day where we don't have to wear our uniform and we are away from the hustle and bustle of our normal jobs!! Bring it on!!!!

Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Greta said...

You do seem to live a chaotic life Anne Marie - lol but you are quite right to fight for what you want.
Popped by to let you know I've tagged you.
Greta x