Having just read my last post I had to laugh as not long after I posted that I got up to find that the rain had flooded our awning and was steadily streaming in under the van. Tim had to end up digging a trench around the front of the awning for the water to drain away and I have a loely picture of me in my wellies sweeping the water out of the door. Made for a lovely night's entertainment!!
All the pics you could ever want will be coming soon when I get them from OH's laptop. I managed the unthinkable and filled up my cameras memory card while we were away so I had to upload the pics to his Laptop to give me room for more.
WE went to Peterborough after leaving Haven and the weather was gorgeous when we arrived but the heaven's openend up later on and guess what!!! Yes, our awning got flooded again!!. That was almost it for me! I lost the plot and broke my heart inside the van locked away where no-one could see me. It had been a stressful couple of days and I think I needed a release!! Anyway after a good "bubble" and a chat to Annette my friend, I was fine and we went to join everyone else and continue the party!
It had drained away by next morning and the weather was fine for the rest of the weekend! WE had a womnderful time and consumed lots of cheese and wine!!
Monday saw us heading north to Yorkshire and the little site we had seen on our trip there previously. Again when we arrived the weather was lovely but the site was a bit boggy as it had poured there over the previous few days as well.
We had a lovely week there but the rain did catch us out a few times and best one was on Saturday afternoon in Scarborough. Nobody had jackets and it came down in buckets but thankfully it was quite warm.

It is now 4.30 pm and I've managed to get all my washing done and dried in the gorgeous warm sunshine we've had all day. Last load is in the machine but I think that will have to wait til tomorrow to be hung out.
This is one of the last few pics I had on my camera and it shows the rain in Scarborough on the Saturday afternoon. It had been lovely and then this happened.
More later.
Have a lovely day!

No comments:
Post a Comment